Six weeks to a stronger core and pelvic floor.
“You’re cleared for exercise!”
What does it mean when your OB or your midwife tells you that?
Can I start running again? Lifting weights? Doing yoga? What about crunches? Will I always pee a little bit when I sneeze?
Core Fundamentals addresses all of these questions and helps you lay the groundwork for a safe, smart, and progressive return to exercise and all of the activities that you love.
Our goals in this class are:
- to reduce or eliminate stress urinary incontinence
- begin to heal diastasis recti (ab separation)
- decrease the most common aches and pains of pregnancy and new motherhood (particularly hip and backaches)
- build whole-body strength from the inside out
This class is appropriate for moms who are at least 4 weeks postpartum for vaginal births and 8 weeks postpartum for c-section births. C-section moms, you’ll need to receive clearance from your OB or midwife before joining us at Core Fundamentals.
(Moms of older babies, keep reading! Core Fundamentals has something for you, too!)
Each class features a 45-minute workout and 10-15 minutes of discussion about various topics, which are tailored to the participants of the group. Got a burning question you’d love to see addressed? Let me know and we’ll fit it in!
- Diastasis recti
- Pelvic floor dysfunctions
- C-section scar management and recovery
- and more!
This class is perfect for moms who:
- Have children of ANY age. Postpartum is forever and you can return to a more functional core and pelvic floor at any time in your life.
- Want to learn the most effective exercises to strengthen your abs, without doing hundreds of crunches.
- Struggle with a belly that still looks pregnant, even though your baby is six months old or more.
- Want to get back into exercise, but aren’t sure which exercises to do and which to avoid.
- Experience leaking when you cough, sneeze, run, or jump.
Postpartum bodies have specific needs when it comes to rebuilding our strength and retraining our cores and pelvic floors. This class is just for moms and focuses on exactly what your body needs, which will help you get stronger, be confident while exercising and while living your life, and help avoid injury, incontinence, or diastasis recti.
In this class we will:
- Begin restoring core and pelvic floor muscles and through breath work, bodyweight exercises, and using light resistance.
- Build a solid foundation so that you can return to high impact exercise later, with a greatly-reduced risk of leaking.
- Use gentle stretching and work on our alignment to relieve some of the day-to-day aches and pains of new motherhood (backache, anyone?).
- Learn how to do a self-check for diastatis recti (ab separation), and which exercises help close the gap.
In this class we will not:
- Jump around. That song is my jam, but it’s not a great idea for new moms. This class involves focused, low- and no-impact movements that are deceptively easy but provide a HUGE payoff for your postpartum body. Jump up, jump up, and get down…after you’ve safely restored your pelvic floor.
- Give you dirty looks if your baby cries. All non-mobile babies* are welcome, and we all know babies cry. This is a breast-feeding and formula-feeding friendly space, so if your baby gets fussy, please don’t worry about taking a few minutes to see to their needs.
Your class fee of $119 includes 6 weeks of in-class instruction, an at-home workout plan and video demonstrations of all exercises, access to a private Facebook group where you can ask questions in between classes, and your very own Course Manual in PDF form so you can easily reference any class topic, at any time.
Any questions about whether this class is right for you? Send me an email and let's chat!
*The work that we’re doing requires a lot of concentration. You deserve to focus on you 100% while you’re here, and speaking from experience as the mom of a Toddler Tornado, it’s tough to do that when you’re chasing a toddler around the room. For that reason I ask that only non-mobile babies join us at class. Thank you for understanding!
Class is limited to 8 moms, so register early to save your spot!
$119 for 6-week class
Unlimited Training Systems
202 Sherlake Ln
Next class date is TBD - hop on the email list to be notified when the next class has been scheduled!
This class was awesome! I recommend it for all soon to be moms, new moms, and not so new moms. I took the class when my youngest was 2 years old. I wish I had taken it sooner. Alexis provided so much useful information about health and exercise that is invaluable! This class can change the quality of your life - especially if you are having pelvic floor issues! Check it out!
As a former personal trainer with a degree in exercise science, I'm always skeptical of fitness trainers who claim to specialize in postpartum. After talking to Alexis about her training and approach, I can say that she has really done her research and knows not only how to help new moms exercise safely, but also how to target typical weaknesses and issues in the postpartum period and help moms improve their function. I cannot recommend Fierce Mama Fitness enough!
— Molly Lawney, Mothertend
The education she imparts is not only sound but is stuff I was surprised my ob/gyn didn't share with me! My new best friend,my pelvic floor, is bringing benefits to many aspects of my life besides an attractive new tone to my abdominal muscles!